Monday, April 25, 2011

fabrique.

Kolby always gives me crap for staying in my room for hours during the day, which I often do.

::This is why::

This is my room.
From another angle.
My work area.

I can slide the paintings that I made to cover the windows. I put black fabric on the back to blackout the room.
The other wall with the painting moved to cover the window.
This is my newest painting. I think it's my personal favorite! I make the canvases myself because it is a fraction of the price to make them compared to buying them at an art store. When I was at Home Depot today I bought more supplies for my next painting. I'll post pictures when I'm done.
If you have been to Ikea you have seen this couch. I got this very one about 3 years ago. I paid $49 for it. I think it is now priced at $149 (both are very good deals).

I reupholstered it about 2 years ago because it was looking grungy, due to its light color.
It had been a while, so I decided it was time to give my couch a facelift. This picture is when I was about half way done.
Ta-dah! About $35 worth of fabric and supplies later, and I have a brand new couch!
It's been done for about 10 minutes and I'm already in love!!
Today I also bought some quality lumber to build a bookshelf.
I want it to look something like this.
As soon as I'm done with construction, I'll post the finished product.

I absolutely love having days off that I can do projects like this. It's so rewarding to see what you can do if you set your mind to it.

My room is a place where I can just forget about the rest of the world and leave my problems at the door.

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to open a store... so if I do... you can make stuff like this and sell it for mucho denaro. Deal? It would only make my store better. Maybe in Denver?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll move to Denver tomorrow! I want to go to school in Boulder so bad!

    ReplyDelete