Wednesday, April 13, 2011

fitness.

I will talk about this once, and only once, because when people constantly talk about this subject I tend to get irritated...

For the last 3 months I have been making an effort to go to the gym, and I have been blown away by the amount of dedication that I have had this go-around. On average, I make it to the field house 3-4 times a week. I really push myself to my limits, and i feel great afterwards. It usually takes me around 90 minutes to complete everything. I have been meeting with Angie on occasion and she helps me focus on what I want to accomplish.

::PROGRESS::
  • When I started I could run about 2.5 miles. Last week along with today I ran 5.5 miles (without walking). That's 3 mile increase. Hooray!
  • When I first started, I would only do cardio; meaning I would only run as far as I could. Now, I run for 40 minutes to an hour, and then I do both arm and abdominal exercises.
  • I have increased the weight on my arm exercises by 5 lbs, along with the number of workouts I do for both abs and arms.
  • I not only see a difference in my physique, but also their has been a huge increase in the amount of energy I have.
  • I have lost about 10 lbs and I am nearly down to the weight I was in high school.
::FUTURE GOALS::
  • My mom signed my up to run a 15 K, which is roughly 9.6 miles. I just might die, but I'm hoping for the best.
  • I want to loose 10-15 more pounds and bring my body fat percentage down, too.
  • I would love to have defined abs and nice arms. I don't want to be a ripped wildebeest, but being physically fit would be nice for a change.
I have never gone this long without stopping, and I have a theory why. I don't have a really strict diet other than the fact that I have been trying to eat healthier, but I do let myself slide sometimes. I have been trying to focus on eating smaller portions more throughout the day. I bring my gym bag to school with me so I have no excuse not to stop by the field house. I think I can accredit my success so far to a great support system. Angie has been a huge help in teaching me what to do, and making these awful exercises somewhat enjoyable, and along with Angie I have Jessica who I always meet up with at the gym and we do exercises together. Maddie has also been a big support in that she is trying to get in shape as well and it's good to have friends around that have the same goals in mind.

Thank you all!
-Regan

No comments:

Post a Comment