Friday, March 5, 2010

share a smile.

As I have said before, I am one of the many people who ride TRAX daily.
One thing I don't like about TRAX is that everyone seems a little glum while riding.
There is one man who is the exception.

I have seen him maybe three times while waiting for the train.
He is one of the train conductors (if that's what you still call them).
He is this old man, probably in his late 60's with white hair and a beard to match.

Every time I see his train approaching he has a huge grin on his face.
He waves to everyone as he pulls to a stop.
I never see anyone wave, but I always do.

Does no one see this delight of a human being?

He drives a train for TRAX, so how many things does he have to really smile about.
I now realize that it doesn't matter what you are doing as long as you love doing it.
Whether your a doctor or drive a garbage truck you have to do what makes you happy.

All I want to say to this old man is "Thank you".
Thank you for always making my day a little better.
A little brighter.




1 comment: